Repair Warranty - Our Promise to You:
- We understand and appreciate the special value of your watch. While in our custody, your timepiece will be treated with the utmost professional care.
- You will be given an itemized estimate of all work to be performed on your watch and all repair costs before any work is done.
- We will use only time-tested watchmaker's tools and techniques in the
repair of your watch... no shortcuts, hacks or quick fixes. All work will
be done in accordance with the Watchmaker's Code of Ethics.
- If our repair fails within one (1) year, and you return the watch to us, we will correct the problem at no charge or refund your money.*
- Your watch will be carefully packaged and returned to you via insured carrier.**
- And most important: We want you to be completely satisfied with our work! If you are happy with our repair work, please tell your friends! If you are unhappy with our work for any reason please tell us! We'll do everything we can to make it right!
*Our very reasonable "fine print":
- We fully guarantee our work, but we are not responsible for failures unrelated to our original repair, or damage done by someone else working on (or tinkering with) the watch.
- Warranty does not cover damage caused by dropping the watch or other impact. Bent or broken pivots and/or cracked jewels are only caused by one thing... hard impact. We pack our watches very carefully, and with plenty of padding, so that they are not damaged in transit. Staffs and pivots do NOT get broken by the normal handling that occurs when shipping a properly packed watch.
- Some vintage watches are capable of very accurate timekeeping and some are not. Some of them were not good timekeepers when they were brand new, and we can't magically turn them into good timekeepers when we restore them. We will adjust your watch for best possible timekeeping before it leaves our shop, but we recognize that these are vintage watches and we make no warranty as to their accuracy or suitability for any particular time-keeping purpose.
- Warranty does not cover: bands, bracelets, broken crystals, or broken mainsprings.
- Warranty does not cover water damage. Vintage watches should NOT be considered water-resistant!
- Repair or refund is at our sole discretion. Refund is limited to that portion of the total repair which fails to perform. Special order items, outside services arranged by us on your behalf, or expendable parts used in the course of your repair are not refundable.
- **We are not responsible for loss and/or damage suffered while the watch is in transit, though we have never lost a watch. Our default shipping method is USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation and $200 Insurance, unless prior arrangement made for different method/amount at additional expense. We are responsible for your watch only while it is in our custody.
- We are not responsible for any watch left in our custody for more than 90 days after customer has been notified that watch is ready to be returned. i.e. we are not responsible for abandoned watches.
- Warranty is non-transferable.
- To submit a warranty claim, customer must return watch to Renaissance Watch Repair with copy of our original repair invoice within the warranty period. Customer is responsible for all shipping and handling charges for warranty repairs.